Nortek Global HVAC, LLC
Nortek Global HVAC got its start as the International Oil Heating Company, manufacturing environmentally friendlier oil burners for home heating. After success with St. Louis’ pollution problem, the company took its oil burners and coal conversion kits nationwide. Nortek Global HVAC’s problem-solving approach continued throughout the next nine decades:
- First oil heater & first sealed combustion furnace for manufactured housing.
- First central air conditioning system for trailers.
- First wind tunnel machine to produce conditions up to 100 mph for better pilot light testing.
- First ducted application of inverter technology, resulting in the first split-system air conditioner to reach 25.5 SEER.
- First Micro-Channel evaporator coil.
First residential gas/electric packaged system to reach 95% AFUE. If there’s a better way, Nortek Global HVAC finds it.